eCabs Circle’s Terms & Conditions
(Effective from 23rd April 2021)
These General Terms and Conditions of Use (“Circle Terms”) for the eCabs subscriber loyalty program (“eCabs Circle”) govern the contractual relationship between eCabs and each subscriber of eCabs Circle. These general terms and conditions set out the conditions for accessing and participating in eCabs Circle.
eCabs Circle is exclusively restricted to eCabs Customers/Clients who subscribe to it, after making use of eCabs services.
“Account” means Trips offered on credit to a Client who shall be invoiced monthly on the basis of the balance on the said account.
“App” means the eCabs mobile application.
“Booking” means a booking made by a Customer/Passenger for Services via any of our booking channels.
“Circle Terms” means these terms and conditions.
“Customer” “Client” “You” means a person(s), company or entity requesting or making use of Transportation Services via any of eCabs’ channels.
“eCabs” “We” “Our” “Us” means eCabs Operators Company Limited (C63326).
“eCabs Circle” means the eCabs loyalty program.
“eCabs Terms” means eCabs’ general terms and conditions accessible on our website.
“Free Ride” means a ride at no charge to the Scheme Member which shall be capped at thirty €30 euro. Any excess shall be paid by the Customer.
“Passenger(s)” means any Customer and any other person authorised by the Customer making use of our Services.
“Points” means loyalty points accumulated as a Scheme Member calculated on money spent.
“Potential Customer” means a customer who has not made use of eCabs services since January 2020.
“Referral Code” –means a unique code given to the Scheme Members.
“Scheme Members” “You” means Customers who subscribe to eCabs Circle.
“Services” means Transportation Services.
“Tiers” means different levels which attract different Points per Trip
“Trip” means a Service offered by us taking Passenger/s from their Pick-Up point to their Drop-Off point.
Conditions and Procedure for subscription to Circle.
- Circle is available to any natural person who meets the requirement of using the eCabs services.
- Should a Scheme Member abuse of eCabs Circle or provide inaccurate details, eCabs shall have the right to terminate his/her subscription without prejudice to recovering any benefits provided to the Scheme Member and to any other recourse against such Scheme Member.
- A Customer may sign up to Circle through the App, over the phone, via email or in person at one of eCabs booking offices.
- There shall be no charge for subscribing the Circle.
- Points will start to accrue from the very first Trip book after one subscribes to eCabs Circle
- Participation to the eCabs Circle is a privilege granted to Scheme Members, and as such can be suspended, revoked, or terminated at any time by eCabs for any reason and without giving reason.
- Points due do not accrue for Account bookings.
- Points only accrue on completed Trips for which payment has been made.
- Points shall only accrue for the Customer, and any booking made by a Customer for a Passenger shall not result in any accrual of Points for the Passenger.
- Scheme Members accrue points for every euro spent, which Points shall be calculated according to the Tier they are in at the moment of the transaction.
- Points have no monetary value; they cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Points are not transferable.
- Points expire after twelve (12) months from the date of their accrual.
- Points are not earned on unpaid or free rides.
- Points can be revoked if a ride, for which points were earned, is refunded.
- eCabs, in its sole discretion, may run promotions that allow you to earn Points or other benefits. The requirements to earn Points or other benefits in this manner will be specified in the promotional materials and eCabs may place additional terms and conditions on Points earned through such promotions.
How To Redeem Points
- Once a Scheme Member reaches a determined threshold of points, a Free Ride will be automatically applied to the next trip booked through the App, Phone/Email/Walk-in channels, on standard trips only. This threshold and conditions can be modified by eCabs at any time, in its sole discretion.
- Points cannot be redeemed on trips booked through the Website and the Virtual Agent.
- The Free Ride is mandatory and cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion.
- The Free Ride is valid for 12 months.
- eCabs reserves the right to correct or modify Point amounts at any time based on its records and calculation.
- eCabs Circle offers 4 Tiers based upon the number of trips completed within a period of 6 months since the date of enrollment to the Scheme: Blue, Silver, Gold, Platinum.
- Each Tier comes with its own Point boosters and rewards, defined by eCabs. The available Tier rewards and Point boosters may be changed without prior notice.
- Each Scheme Member automatically advances to the next Tier by completing a minimum number of trips, defined at eCabs sole discretion.
- Every six months from becoming a subscriber to Circle, the Scheme Member status within the Tier is evaluated and rides are zeroed; the Scheme Member will remain in the reached Tier unless the trips taken during the six months period were inferior than the minimum required to access that particular Tier. If the trips taken were inferior than the set threshold, the Scheme Member will be demoted by one Tier.
- Scheme Members can view their status and Points via the App.
- Alternatively, on successfully identifying themselves an agent can furnish them with such details over the phone by calling our 24/7 contact center on +35621383838.
eCabs Referral Rules
Thank you for helping grow our community. eCabs invites you to participate in the referral programme (“Referral Programme”) which aims at encouraging people to use eCabs applications and other booking channels. Participating in the eCabs Referral Programme (either by referring your friends or family or signing up with a referral code) is a great way for you to receive rewards for legitimate referrals.
By accepting and sharing your eCabs referral code or by signing up with a referral code, you are agreeing to be bound by these rules (“Rules”). Any violation of these Rules will not only prevent you from participating in any eCabs referral programme (now or in the future), but could also result in the forfeiture or retraction of all eCabs Circle points or other rewards earned through the programme as well as deactivation of your account.
eCabs reserves the right to seek legal redress against any fraudulent activity and seek damages which may far outweigh the monetary gain potentially defrauded.
“Referrer” makes reference to an existing eCabs client who is sharing their referral code.
“Referee” makes reference to a person who is not an existing eCabs client and receives the referral code from the Referrer.
“Referral” makes reference to the act of referring someone to become an eCabs customer and being rewarded for it.
“Referral Code” makes reference to a unique identification code used by a Referrer to share with a Referee, which code is used to measure the attribution of the Referral.
1. Who is eligible to be an eCabs Referrer?
Any eCabs Circle member can be a Referrer who (a) is a legal resident of Malta, (b) is of legal age, and (c) has an eCabs account in good standing. Referrers cannot have more than one eCabs account.
2. Who is eligible to be a Referee?
Your family, your friends and any other person you know may be eligible to be Referees , however this cannot be yourself. To receive a Referral Reward for referring someone who orders services through the eCabs App, your referee/invitee must:
(a) be a new eCabs user
(b) meet the eCabs Terms and Conditions, and
(c) sees through all the actions required for the Referral to be deemed completed including the actual completion of a trip.
Referrers cannot request themselves as a rider within any newly created, fictitious or fraudulent accounts by creating duplicate/multiple accounts, claim false fees or charges, manipulate trip details, or do anything else prohibited by eCabs General Terms & Conditions which may be updated from time to time.
3. How can I use my referral code?
eCabs has the right to limit and change the number of times you use or share your referral code based on these Rules and all other terms and conditions. To see if your code has a limit, refer to the details found in the “Invite Friends” tab within the eCabs App.
eCabs wants you to share your referral code, which may only be done through the App, and earn Referral Rewards. However referral codes must only be used responsibly. This means that you can only share your referral code with people you know. Referral codes cannot be used for commercial purposes.
You agree that you will not:
1 – Promote by any digital or other means, duplicate, sell, transfer or make available to the general public your referral code in any manner, other than that permissible directly through the eCabs App. Printing it on cards/fliers, posting it on a website or any social media platform or other forms of digital platforms is not permissible;
2 – Try to get referees/invitees by spamming, bulk emailing or sending large numbers of unsolicited emails. The only people you should be emailing are people you know personally;
3 – Use, display or manipulate eCabs intellectual property (such as logos, trademarks and copyright-protected works) in any way and on any platform, except to identify yourself as an eCabs user or referrer;
4 – Make misleading or unlawful claims about eCabs, use offensive/abusive content, create fake websites/web pages/social media profiles/apps, misrepresent your relationship with eCabs, or otherwise make any false or misleading statements to capture a referee/invitee to use your code;
5 – Use your referral code in any manner that violates Maltese law or the rights of anyone else.
4. How do I earn my Referral Reward as a referrer/inviter?
Subject to you and your Referees following these “Rules , and you having an activated eCabs account, you should receive your Referral Reward after your Referee uses your code to sign up with eCabs and completes the requirements for the particular Referral Reward. The specific reward details may be found in the “Invite Friends” section within the eCabs App. Cancelled trips do not count towards the minimum requirements.
Referral Rewards are discretionary, and the amount of a Referral Reward and the requirements to get it can vary from time to time. As a result, if your referee/invitee signs up after terms are changed, they may receive a different referral offer from the one stated in your invitation and you may receive a different Referral Reward than you thought.
eCabs reserves the right to change the limit on the number of times you can use your referral code. The requirements for receiving, and the amounts of Referral Rewards are subject to change at eCabs sole discretion. Referral Rewards are not transferable, have no cash value and may expire.
5. How can I earn a Referral Reward as a referee?
A Referee may get a discount the first time they use the eCabs application. The amount and form of the discount will be shown in their invitation which remains entirely at eCabs discretion.
6. Termination and changes
eCabs reserves the right to change, end or pause, in whole or in part, any referral programme, as well as any referrer or referee’s ability to participate in any referral programme or receive Referral Rewards at any time for any reason, including but not limited to suspected fraud (including by either the referrer and/or referee), abuse or any violation of these Rules. If eCabs ends any referral programme, any unused or unredeemed Referral Rewards will be forfeited at that time, provided that we give you a minimum of 14 days of notice to use or redeem your Referral Rewards. eCabs has no obligation of giving reasons for ending, suspending or altering this Referral Programme or any other programme or scheme and no user whether Referrer or Referee or otherwise shall be entitled to compensation for eCabs decision to end, suspend or alter any referral programme.
eCabs may update these Rules at any time, in which case eCabs will post the update on the eCabs.com.mt website and applications and provide you with notice of the update. Continued participation in any referral programme after any update will mean that you have agreed to the update.
- If any changes are made to Circle, eCabs reserves the right to amend these Circle Terms and Conditions. Scheme Members are therefore responsible for regularly reviewing the latest version of the Circle Terms and Conditions, accessible on the Website.
- Furthermore, if any provision of the Circle Terms is held to be null and void as a result of a law or regulation or following a final court decision issued by a competent court, the other provisions shall remain valid and applicable.
- Nullity of one of the provisions or paragraphs thereof in these Circle Terms shall not affect the applicability of the other provisions or other paragraphs. In such a situation, the null and void provisions or paragraphs thereof shall be replaced by new provisions or paragraphs, the contents, scope and objective of which correspond as far as possible with the old, null and void, provisions.
- eCabs reserve the right to amend these Circle Terms, the notice of which shall be communicated to you electronically. Failure to notify the Scheme Member shall not result in any responsibility on the part of eCabs.
- eCabs reserves the right to terminate eCabs Circle and to modify or amend any condition, without notice and without further obligations to the Scheme Members.
- The Scheme may be unavailable, inaccurate or interrupted from time to time for a variety of reasons outside of our control. In the unlikely event that one of the aforementioned situations arises, eCabs shall not be held responsible for any unavailability, interruptions or errors of the Scheme.
- These Circle Terms are publicly available on Our website. If requested these Circle Terms shall be made available to you.
- These Circle Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of Malta and the Maltese Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute.