I have another full-time job. Can I drive as a Partner Driver just for a few hours a week?
Yes. Partner Drivers are self-employed. As a Partner, you choose how many hours you want to work on the eCabs platform.
How does a Partner Driver get paid for their services?
eCabs charges a percentage commission on completed trips. There are no additional fees.
What will happen after a Partner Driver application is submitted?
Our Partners supply team will review and vet applications received. Should all be in order, you would be communicated with a scheduled vehicle inspection and on-boarding date.
Any vehicle requirements?
To ascertain quality, vehicles should not be older than 6 years for the executive category, 8 years for eCabs comfort category and 15 years for any other category. A list of vehicles is updated periodically. All brands and models are usually accepted by the eCabs platform.
What if I do not have a vehicle?
eCabs offers vehicle leasing arrangements based on availability. Send an email to [email protected] to get the related information.
eCabs platform’s trip prices are calculated and adjusted according to the following:
When the demand for rides is high, rides are increased automatically.
Fleet Related Information
I am a fleet owner. Can I add more drivers?
Partners can enrol as many drivers as needed to run their self-employed business efficiently. Add more drivers by clicking here. Upload all personal documents of the driver and upload the Fleet Manager’s VAT Certificate and a recent insurance policy that includes the new driver.
Can I have more than one vehicle?
Partners have no limited number for fleet vehicles. A Fleet Manager can add any number of vehicles to the eCabs platform. Simply send the vehicle logbook and relevant insurance policy to [email protected]
NB: A vehicle cannot be shared between Fleet managers.
Can my account be shared with friends or colleagues?
- Your personal account is never to be shared with others who may or may not be registered with eCabs.
- Any abuse will face disciplinary action and potentially termination from the eCabs platform
Can I use my personal vehicle?
- Partners can only apply and register with a Y plate.
- eCabs platform would only accept QZ plates for existing accounts. This would need a permit from Transport Malta.
- Any abuse will face disciplinary action and potentially termination from the eCabs platform.
eCabs Partner Drivers must keep an activity score of +3.5 – 5. This is calculated based on the number of trips accepted, declined trips and missed trips. If a Partner Driver’s Activity Score falls under 3.5 eCabs platform automatically suspends the Partner Driver for 3 days.
Partner Drivers must keep an average rating of between 4 to 5 stars. Average rating is calculated on the previous 40 rated trips. eCabs platform automatically deactivates any Partner Driver when the average rating falls below 4 stars.
Upon onboarding Partners Drivers are assigned within the relevant vehicle categories. Any Partner Driver who would like to join additional categories is to [email protected].
I would like to change my profile photo
Please send an email with your photo to [email protected] with the following:
- Showing your face centred in the frame (remember to smile!)
- Take photo of yourself only (and no other people)
- Photo must be clear (and not blurry)
- Do not wear hats or sunglasses (spectacles can be worn)
- No Bluetooth headsets can be worn
- Take photo in a good lighting spot (it is recommended to face a light source, like a lamp or window)
- A clear, white background is required
- Photo must be taken with a photo camera at eye level
Incorrect vehicle details
If you notice that your plate number is incorrect or the phone number associated with the vehicle is wrong, please send an email to [email protected].
I want to close my driver account
Please send an email to [email protected].
Your outstanding balance will be settled on the next payment date.
Closed accounts will not be able to be restored.
If you wish to have a new account, you will need to re-apply. Apply here.
Partner Drivers Community
Telegram noticeboard / daily updates
Upon on-boarding, Partner Drivers are invited to join the eCabs Noticeboard Channel and the eCabs Daily Updates Group.
Announcements are made regularly to keep Partners abreast with all relevant information.
Download the Telegram app from from Google Play and App Store.
Technology Related Information
I have a new device. What should I do?
Simply download the app on your new device from your Apple App Store or Google Play Store and login using your account details (username and password).
Updates of Drivers App
The latest versions of all eCabs Apps including the eCabs Driver are available on Google Play and the App Store. Simply download and get going!
Having a technical Issue
In App or Portal-related technical issues should be reported on [email protected].
If you cannot log in to your portal or app, please make sure your username and password are correct. The username is always in small letters.
How to select in-app ride category
If your vehicle falls under multiple categories and you wish to select or remove certain categories, you can do so my logging on your app, going online, selecting the vehicle icon, and choosing which categories to keep.
- From your main app profile page on Settings, you can toggle auto-accept On or Off.
- Trip will be auto accepted within 3 seconds timer.
- It is possible to decline the trip within the 3 seconds time frame. Once a trip is declined, the auto-accept feature will be automatically disabled.
- eCabs driver app notifications are enabled on your phone.
- Your app is updated to the latest version.
- Phone sound is ON.
- If your phone is connected to the car Bluetooth or USB cable, the sound may automatically mute or deactivate.
- Battery and data save modes are turned OFF.
- Clear any other apps working in the background.
- Phone is placed close to the car windscreen.
If you’re still encountering issues, please send an email to [email protected].
To drive with the eCabs Driver App you need a smartphone which has internet connectivity (mobile data), access to Google Play or App Store and location services (GPS).
- Android – Improve location accuracy by ensuring that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth functions are on.
- IOS – Ensure location setting is on whilst using App.
- Make sure battery and data save modes are switched OFF, as these usually do not allow apps to actively work in the background.
If you forgot your password, you can reset it by clicking on ‘Forgot password?’ on your Portal. You can also reset it from the eCabs Driver’s app.
If you are still facing issues, please send an email to [email protected]. A new password activation link will be sent via email.
- Go online on your eCabs Driver App.
- Select the vehicle you wish to operate with.
- Click on Heatmap.
- Highlighted areas show you where we are getting the most bookings from.
- Heatmap data is updated every 5 mins. Hence between those 5 mins, every time a user request heatmap will be shown the same data.
I am not receiving trips
If are you not receiving trips, please make sure you:
- Are using the latest app version.
- Are in areas of high demand by ensuring you follow the in-app heatmap.
- Have a stable internet connection; battery save mode is turned off.
If the tips above didn’t help, please contact our eCabs 24/7 Support Team on +356 21383834.
Map shows incorrect data
If the map is not loading correctly or not loading at all, make sure you have a stable internet connection.
If you notice an incorrect address or missing street on the map, please contact our 24/7 Support Team on +356 21383834.
Partner Driver’s Portal
Upon onboarding Partner Drivers are provided with login credentials to access a Portal – login here.
My Rides – This section provides a summary of the trips made within the period selected. Filter by statuses, drivers (if more than one driver) and date range which can be set to the last 24 hours, three days, one week or one month.
Drivers – List of drivers linked to main profile.
Vehicles – List of vehicles linked to main profile.
Work Sessions – This section generates data related to the number of hours worked [online] within a given time period. Further detail of each work session can be viewed by clicking on ‘more detail’.
Statistics – A dashboard of hours worked within a given time period and the number of rides within those hours worked.
Financial Report – Dashboard view, displaying a summary of the balance collected from customers, the balance earned by the driver and final balance due within a given period. Once payout is generated, the financial report will be zeroed.
Balance Report – Summarises over the period of a month the amount earned, less the cash payments, less commission due. This gives a summary of the total earnings within a month.
Payouts – Any payment made from eCabs to Partner or vice versa.
How can I check earnings generated for trips?
- All trips made can be checked by accessing the financial report available on the Partners Portal through the Partner’s Portal Login.
- Previous month’s total earnings by accessing the Balance sheet on the Partners Portal.
- Earnings can also be accessed through the eCabs Driver app by clicking on today’s earnings. You will be able to toggle between Fleet and Driver and see up to previous three months’ worth of earnings.
- The trip list can also be viewed in-app by clicking on trips at the bottom of the page.
How will I get paid?
Upon onboarding, partners need to send their bank details (IBAN) to [email protected].
eCabs sends funds to partners every 15th of the month for the previous month’s earnings. If the 15th falls on a Sunday or a public holiday, funds will be received on the next working day.
How can I change my bank account details?
To change your bank account details, please email your new IBAN number to [email protected]
I didn’t receive my pay-out
If you didn’t receive a payout, please make sure:
You have sent your correct IBAN number to [email protected].
If you have sent the correct IBAN, please send an email to the address above, or call +356 21383834 and ask for Accounts.
How do I change my phone number and email address?
You do not have to contact us to change your phone number or email address. Just access your eCabs Driver Portal with your username and password, go to ‘Profile’, edit your phone number and email address and click ‘Save’.
Customer Related Information
Passenger did not pay or paid less
With eCabs, clients can make a cash, in-app (credit card/Apple/Google Pay) or on account payments for their rides.
Partner Drivers are responsible for collecting cash from clients for cash-paid rides. If the rider for whatever reason refuses to pay or pays less, please contact the support team on +356 21383834 immediately.
If the client has paid via pre-paid or in-app, you will be notified on the driver’s app. Please do not ask the passenger for a cash payment.
Passenger wishes to change payment method in-app
The customer can change the payment method directly from the ride information screen while the ride is ongoing.
Accepting a ride whilst online
The eCabs platform operates automatically with one main principal – pick up time.
The platform automatically assigns the ride to the nearest Partner Driver available within the appropriate category. Trips must be accepted within 20 seconds. Should the trip remain unaccepted or be declined, the trip will be automatically re-assigned to another Partner Driver immediately.
Refrain from smoking in the vehicle. When smoking outside the car, ensure that the vehicle remains odourless.
You should never communicate internal issues, make negative comments or complain to passengers. This makes them feel uneasy and almost always has a negative effect on the rating that they will give you. What is more, your credibility towards us is questioned.
Keeping ratings high
Partner Drivers can register improved ratings by:
- Being punctual, driving safely and always respecting the highway code.
- Ensuring that all vehicle doors are securely closed before vehicle is set in motion and that passengers do not board or descend the vehicle unless the vehicle is at a complete standstill.
- Assisting passengers with any reasonable needs, to the best of one’s ability.
- Always having spare change for cash paying passengers.
- Ensuring that vehicle is always kept clean inside and out.
- Dressing appropriately.
- Giving clients a courtesy call on the way to pick up.
- Greeting passengers and wishing them well once they reach their destination.
- Letting passengers enjoy an environment which is adjusted to their liking, including heating or cooling, music choice and volume adjusted to reasonable comforts.
- Keeping your vehicle smoke free, have the legally required cab safety accessories.
- Not giving a receipt can often be a reason for lower ratings from the passengers. Don’t forget to give the receipt to your passengers after every ride.
Customer campaigns (eCabs Circle)
As part of its marketing reach, eCabs offers several campaigns. Customers may have promo codes or discounts assigned to their rides.
eCabs Circle is a loyalty scheme to reward customers who spend with eCabs. Points are earned for every €1 spent. There are four tiers, depending on the number of trips taken: Blue, Silver, Gold & Platinum. The higher the tier, the more points are earned. Additional benefits and personalised promotions are announced from time to time.
Click here for more information about eCabs Circle.
When carrying out a trip benefiting from some form of discount/promo code, be it cash or in app payments, the driver’s app will show the original amount (crossed out) and the amount to be charged to the client. From the customer, Partner Drivers are to collect only the discounted amount as shown in the app (if any). The full original (not discounted) amount will appear on the partners portal.
- This feature allows a maximum of three intermediary stops between the first pick-up and drop-off, therefore a maximum of five stops (start trip – 1st stop, 2nd stop, 3rd stop – end trip).
- Partners receive an alert to accept a ride in the normal way. Once accepted, the app will guide partners to the first pick-up.
- Important – any cash amounts to be collected at the end of the multiple stops trip, not during the intermediate stops.
Please call our 24/7 Support Centre on +356 21383834. They will be able to add the stop and re-calculate the fare.
Passenger luggage can be placed both in the trunk and in the seating compartment of the vehicle, as long as the luggage fits through the doorway of the vehicle. Please make sure that the luggage properly fits in your vehicle, and that you help the customer load and unload their belongings.
Travelling with children
Both customers and Partner Drivers need to follow current legislation in place. Partner Drivers within this category need to have a booster seat. Booster category vehicles include ONE booster seat for a child weighing 22 – 36kgs and/or +135cm in height.
Travelling with pets
The Pets category is available for customers to book. Partner Drivers in this category accept rides with customers having pets in the seating area of the vehicle. All necessary attention should be ensured to have a pleasant ride whilst ensuring safety standards are kept.
NB: You are free to add or remove yourself from the Pet friendly category by ticking or unticking the option on your personal Portal or in-app category.
Lost and found items
After every ride, check immediately to see if the customer left any personal belongings behind. If you find any lost items, please follow these steps:
- At your earliest convenience contact the eCabs Contact Centre on +356 21383838 after the ride is finished.
- The customer may contact you and make arrangements to retrieve the item. Please return it without a charge.
- If you have already deposited the item/s at the Contact Centre, kindly guide the customer to get in touch with the eCabs Contact Centre on +356 21383838.
I picked up the wrong rider
Before starting any trip, always cross-check the name of the client and the final destination.
If you picked up the wrong rider, please call our 24/7 support on +356 21383834 and they will be able to guide you.
Rider was overcharged
If the ride was on card and the client is asked for cash, please call the 24/7 support on +356 21383834 so the client can be refunded accordingly.
I had an accident with the client
If you were involved in an accident, call our 24/7 Support team on +356 21383834 so another cab can be sent for the client.
If you were involved in a serious accident, please prioritise calling an ambulance and the police.
eCabs customers have the right to:
- View a displayed and visible Transport Malta Drivers Tag for identification.
- View, upon request, a true copy of the Partner Driver’s license issued by Transport Malta which is to be available at all times.
- Advise the Partner Driver of any preferred route to reach their destination during a ride, as long as this request is reasonable and is keeping a similar number of kilometres.
- Enjoy an environment which is adjusted to a customer’s liking, including heating or cooling, music choice and volume adjusted to reasonable comforts.
- Stop the Partner Driver from being distracted by anything under his control, including the illegal use of a mobile phone whilst driving.
- Ask for and receive a fiscal receipt at the end of the ride.
- Enjoy a smoke free environment – smoking inside the vehicle is illegal.
An eCabs Partner Driver has the right to respectfully demand behaviour and actions that put trip safety above all, using their better judgement to ensure passenger rights and responsibilities, as well as their responsibilities, are always respected and adhered to.
Any Partner Driver will always have the right to terminate a ride should it be established through responsible judgement that inappropriate, violent or offensive behaviour is experienced during a ride.
Customer was rude
If a customer behaved inappropriately, you were the victim of a crime, or happened to be in a dangerous situation, please provide eCabs with the necessary information by sending an email to [email protected]. The necessary actions will be taken.
Customer soiled your vehicle
If a passenger soiled your vehicle, please be informed that you can ask a customer to cover the cleaning costs. The amount charged should not be more than €50.00 as governed by local authorities.
If the client cancels the order, do not contact the client. Please call the Support Centre on +356 21383834.
eCabs is committed and focused to the safety and security of Partner Drivers and customers. We insist to follow these standards to ensure safety while ride-hailing and using the eCabs platform:
Before accepting rides:
- Ensure that the vehicle is appropriately fuelled for your working day.
- Make sure that the vehicle is in a good mechanical condition to avoid unnecessary breakdowns.
- Double check the customer’s details before starting the ride i.e., name, drop-off location, etc..
During a ride:
- Comply to the local traffic laws and speed regulations.
- Be responsive to road and weather conditions and adapt your driving accordingly.
- Avoid using electronics whilst driving. Make use of a Bluetooth device and a smart phone holder instead.
- Phone eCabs Support Centre on +356 21383834 should you have any customer related issues during a ride.
- End a ride in a well-lit and safe location.
- If there are any price disputes, kindly ask the customer to report the matter to eCabs for assistance. Do not argue with or collect any additional items from the customer.
Additional safety standards:
- Ensure that you are physically and mentally fit to conduct your working slot. Do not drive if you are tired or fatigued.
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- While driving at night, ensure head and taillights are on.
Can I have friends and family members in the vehicle while online?
To maximise comfort and safety for our clients, partners are to refrain from having their own friends or family members in the same vehicle.
Can I serve two rides at the same time?
You’re not allowed to claim eCabs’ or other platforms’ requests while you already have passengers on board. You can claim eCabs’ requests only after you have dropped off the passenger you already have in the car.
Can I use a video camera?
eCabs allows partners to install a camera in their registered vehicle for safety reasons.
Please check local regulations. Clients need to be advised if a camera is installed.
In some cases, customers may invite drivers to participate in fraudulent rides. This includes customers pre-arranging trips, taking a longer route, using unrecognised roads, disabling GPS during a ride, excessive orders with the same customer, device, or payment method, repeat orders where a customer is using a promo code, abnormal orders such as short or long trips.
eCabs platform works by matching the closest Partner Driver within the relevant category to the customer. No trips should be carried out outside the platform.
If the driver engages in fraudulent activity, a Partner Driver could be suspended or deactivated from the eCabs platform.
Reasons for a suspended or deactivated account
To ensure customer excellence, a Partner Driver’s account may be suspended or deactivated as a result of the following non exhaustive reasons:
- Not having necessary safety equipment onboard (fire extinguisher, first aid box, warning triangle etc) as per law.
- Low activity score
- Low ratings
- Non-compliant and or suspicious activities
- Any form of misconduct
Partner Drivers are never to contact clients after trips are completed. This is a serious breach of GDPR (data protection legislation).
Only when a client has forgotten an item in the vehicle, can Driver Partners call a client. Contact eCabs support team on +356 21383834 first and they will guide you accordingly.
What happens if a Partner Driver contacts a client irresponsibly? Account will be closed permanently.