This blog will set out why it makes sense to relocate to Malta with eCabs to further your tech career. It will also give you some useful information and links.
Helping new team members from all over the world to settle down is important to us.
The eCabs Technologies Recruitment team provides all our new team members coming from overseas with the assistance necessary to make a smooth transition.
This helps them settle down as quickly and as comfortably as possible.
Relocation made easy
Starting a new job is always an adventure. And when you do it in a new country, it is even more exciting. And sometimes more than a little daunting.
Moving to Malta means new opportunities, but also some challenges.
At eCabs, we have years of experience in assisting people from the four corners of the world looking to take their tech career to another level to work in Malta. We also have plenty of know-how, as well as a comprehensive on-boarding programme.
Employees, and their families, are guided step by step on how to relocate and settle down. This includes important steps such as finding somewhere to live and how to open a bank account. We also offer health insurance and on-site training (via a workplace buddy system).
The eCabs relocation package
- Reimbursement of one way economy class flight from your location to Malta.
- Hotel lodging at no cost to the employee for up to your first two weeks.
- We will also pay for your initial work-permit application fees for non-EU personnel.
Except for EU/EEA/Swiss citizens, all foreign nationals require a single permit to work in Malta. Our Human Resources relocation team will offer advice and guidance to ensure the process is conducted as seamlessly as possible. And within the shortest feasible time.
Why relocate to Malta?
Choosing where to live is perhaps one of the most important decisions you make when you take the plunge and relocate overseas.
One of the warmest countries in Europe, moving to Malta means having access to a diverse range of activities. It also features a remarkable history, easy access by air travel, and a distinctive culture.
You may prefer living in the hustle and bustle of St Julian’s (close to the eCabs Head Office). Or perhaps you’d rather go for the more tranquil north-western areas of the island.
In any case, the Recruitment team at eCabs Technologies will guide you on the basics. These range from rent, schooling and healthcare services to accessibility and quality of life.
eCabs’ vision is to create technology that enables people to live better.
We look for talented and passionate people looking to grow their tech career who want to make a positive impact on the world. If all this appeals to you, please check out our current career opportunities.
Useful links if you want to relocate to Malta
Practical help and information
- About Malta – The official site for Malta and Gozo (and its smallest island Comino) helps you to explore the islands and learn about moving to Malta without leaving your house or desk. Find out more about this country that you soon could be calling ‘home’. Learn more about its people, its cuisine, it heritage and its identity and much more. The website also contains a section where it lists events happening each month.
- A guide for foreigners – How do I go about obtaining a residency card? Which forms do I need to fill in? What is the best way to rent a place? This website will give you an insight into all these questions and much more.
Of course, once you come to work with eCabs, our Recruitment team will be on hand to answer your queries. But it is always good to do some ‘homework’ before.
What to do if you want to work in Malta?
- Jobsplus – EU – If you are from an EU Member state (as well as Iceland, Norway, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein), you are eligible to live and work in Malta. This website gives you the contact details of the Jobsplus EURES team which you can speak to find out more about obtaining information about any preparatory work that should be carried out before moving to Malta. They also organise activities such as information sessions.
- Jobsplus – TCNs – This website has useful information for any Third Country Nationals (TCNs) who would like to apply for a Maltese work / residency permit. Jobsplus also offer guidance services.
- Residency requirements – Here, you can find out about the paperwork you will need if you intend to move permanently to Malta. There are two types of residency that you can apply for (depending on your country of origin): Ordinary Residence or Permanent Residence. You may find more information about these types of residency, as well as the Malta Global Residency Programme, on this website. You will also find information on where to go to apply for your permit.
Important services to help you relocate to Malta
- Identity Malta – The Identity Malta Agency offers its services in the matters relating to acts of civil status, eID cards, e-passports, visas, expatriates’ affairs and more. Its Expatriates Unit takes care of the processing and issuing of residence documentation for EU and third-country nationals.
- Foreign Affairs – This website is a veritable treasure trove of information. This includes visa and travel advice for foreign nationals, information about business in Malta, and FAQs. There is also a Press Release section where you can keep up to date with what is happening in the Maltese Islands.
Other useful websites
Convinced that moving to Malta to work with us and further your tech career is the right decision?